WOOL CARPET CAREMake sure you are taking the best care of your wool carpet.
How to Best Care for Wool Carpet
Wool carpets are a valuable and beautiful addition to any home. Because of this, you want make sure that you take the best care possible your wool carpets so they last a long time and continue looking great. It’s not enough to just prevent spills and stains; proper cleaning is an essential part of caring for wool carpet. Read through our tips for our every wool carpet cleaning tips, or call Great Plains Chem-Dry in Bismarck today if you need quick and effective wool carpet cleaning.
Five Steps of Effective Wool Carpet Care
Did you consider how to clean your wool carpet when you bought it? Not only does it require a special technique but requires great handling an care. Read these helpful tips for wool carpet care at home. And remember, professional cleaning is important too! Our certified technicians will treat your wool carpet investment with the utmost care and provide a deep carpet cleaning in Bismarck and the surrounding area that will last for longer.
- Get ahead of dirt and stains. Place absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home to trap dirt before it even reaches your carpets. Be sure to clean the mats when they become dirty. It is also a great idea to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems in order to keep dust particles out of the air, and thus out of your carpets.
- Maintain a vacuuming schedule. Carpet should be vacuumed frequently in order to prevent dirt from settling and building up. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. We recommend emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full to avoid potential spills and leaks.
- Pay special attentions to the traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used furniture. These areas may require more frequent cleaning. You may start to see faint dirt build-up. Have these areas cleaned before they get worse and settle in forever.
- Always a few paper towels on hand along with cleaning solutions to quickly handle everyday spills and accidents. Don’t allow spills to dry and become stains, handle them right away!
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
If all else fails, call Great Plains Chem-Dry and we’ll take care of your wool carpets for you with our expert knowledge, extensive training, and specialty safe products!
Don’t forget! Great Plains Chem-Dry offers specialty carpet cleaning in Bismarck, ND for even wool carpet. Give us a call at (701) 989-9188.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Burleigh & Emmons Counties in North Dakota, including: Bismarck, Mandan, Lincoln, Rock Haven, Harmon, St Anthony, McKenzie, Baldwin, Wilton, Hague, Wing, Hazelton, Linton, Strasburg, and the surrounding areas.